What Is the Company Registration Certificate in China?
In China, a company registration certificate is known as a business license(营业执照, Ying Ye Zhi Zhao), which is a document proving the legal establishment of a Chinese company.
In China, legally incorporated companies are issued business licenses by the Chinese company registration authority, the Administration for Market Regulation.
Although the business license of a Chinese company is only one page, you can find the most important information about a Chinese company on it.
The business license contains basic information that a Chinese company should disclose to the public, including nine items of information as follows:
- Unified Social Credit Code, its registration number;
- Entity Name, its legal Chinese name; and by the way, Chinese companies do not have legal English names;
- Company Type, its form of business organization;
- Legal Representative, the person who is authorized to enter into transactions on behalf of the company and who shall be liable for the company’s violations under certain circumstances;
- Business Scope, within which its actual business shall fall;
- Registered Capital, the amount that its shareholders undertake to contribute to the company;
- Date of Incorporation, the date of its establishment;
- Term of Operation, the period of its existence, and you can determine whether the company is currently in existence based on the period;
- Address, the registered place of business of the company. In practice, except for factories, many Chinese companies actually do business at different addresses.
Sample of Business License is as follows:
So, how do you check a certificate of registration?
You can search the information about this company in China’s National Enterprise Credit Information Publicity System.
This is a website of the State Administration for Market Regulation of China, available at: http://www.gsxt.gov.cn/index.html
For more information on how to use this website, please see our article “How Do I Know if a Chinese Company Is Legitimate and Verify It?”.
If the company information you find on this website matches the information on the Certificate of Registration, the Certificate of Registration is authentic.
For our services in Company Verification and Due Diligence, please click HERE.
Do you need support in cross-border trade and debt collection? CJO Global's team can provide you with China-related cross-border trade risk management and debt collection services, including: (1) Trade Dispute Resolution (2) Debt Collection (3) Judgments and Awards Collection (4) Bankruptcy & Restructuring (5) Company Verification and Due Diligence (6) Trade Contract Drafting and Review If you need our services, or if you wish to share your story, you can contact our Client Manager: Susan Li (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you want to know more about CJO Global, please click here. If you want to know more about CJO Global services, please click here. If you wish to read more CJO Global posts, please click here.
Photo by Chenyu Guan on Unsplash