How Do I Find Information on a Chinese Company?
You can find the information of this company on the official website of the Chinese company registration authority.
Specifically, You can search on the ‘China’s National Enterprise Credit Information Publicity System’. This is a website of the State Administration for Market Regulation of China, available at: http://www.gsxt.gov.cn/index.html
To learn more about how to use the website, please read our earlier post ‘How Do I Know if a Chinese Company Is Legitimate and Verify It?’.
On this website, you can find the following nine items of information, which are also contained in its Certificate of Registration (business license).
1. Unified Social Credit Code, its registration number;
2. Entity Name, its legal Chinese name; and by the way, Chinese companies do not have legal English names;
3. Company Type, its form of business organization;
4. Legal Representative, the person who is authorized to enter into transactions on behalf of the company and who shall be liable for the company’s violations under certain circumstances;
5. Business Scope, within which its actual business shall fall;
6. Registered Capital, the amount that its shareholders undertake to contribute to the company;
7. Date of Incorporation, the date of its establishment;
8. Term of Operation, the period of its existence, and you can determine whether the company is currently in existence based on the period;
9. Address, the registered place of business of the company. In practice, except for factories, many Chinese companies actually do business at a different address.
Do you need support in cross-border trade and debt collection? CJO Global's team can provide you with China-related cross-border trade risk management and debt collection services, including: (1) Trade Dispute Resolution (2) Debt Collection (3) Judgments and Awards Collection (4) Anti-Counterfeiting & IP Protection (5) Company Verification and Due Diligence (6) Trade Contract Drafting and Review If you need our services, or if you wish to share your story, you can contact our Client Manager: Susan Li (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you want to know more about CJO Global, please click here. If you want to know more about CJO Global services, please click here. If you wish to read more CJO Global posts, please click here.